Sosolimited is looking for a front end creative developer to join our team. The ideal candidate has 2+ years of professional web or graphics programming experience who is also interested in visual arts and design.
As a creative developer, youâll be working with a team of designers, coders, and project managers to create award-winning digital installations and experiences for a range of clients across industries. This position requires an detail-oriented developer with a passion for great user experiences.
Developers play a critical role in our multidisciplinary teams, collaborating closely with designers to bring ideas to life while influencing the studio's approach to technology through self-driven research and prototyping.
This position is full-time with competitive benefits. Compensation is based on experience. âIf you're interested in working on a variety of projects at the intersection of art and technology please send cover letter, resume, and links to your portfolio and github to email@example.com.
As a Creative Developer at SOSO you will:
- Build production level graphics and related software with a team of developers, designers and project managers
- Prototype graphical sketches and experiments
- Create system diagrams and hardware schematics for interactive installations
- Prototype, setup, configure and test hardware
- Maintain existing software applications and installations
- Provide input on technology choices such as language, libraries, code paradigms, and system architecture
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with a development team on Github using an agile project management process
The ideal candidate:
- Passion for getting the details right, but also an ability to see how those details fit into the big picture
- Organized, detail-oriented approach to solving problems. You’re systematic and know how to retrace your steps
- Willingness to experiment and prototype. You’re comfortable with uncertainty.
- Clear, respectful communication skills. You let your team know your progress and needs.
- Self-directed contributor. You look for ways to help out and have strong time-management skills.
- You favor the simple, elegant, reliable solution. Our work has to exist in the real world.
Bonus points if:
- Experience in UI/UX or graphic design
- Physical computing, hardware, Arduino, RaspberryPi
- LED lighting and stage lighting controls such as DMX and ArtNet
- Architectural or physical installation experience
What We Offer
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Studios closed Christmas through New Years
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Paid family and medical leave