SOSO is looking for a tech-savvy professional to keep our projects running like clockwork and assist with a wide range of tasks around the production and maintenance of unique digital artworks and installations. Our projects are a mix of graphic design, engineering, data visualization and software development.
As a Technician you will be responsible for assistance with prototyping and fabrication, maintenance of existing installations, and anything you can do to help the studio run better. The position requires a self-motivated and highly-organized individual who can work independently and as part of a team.
SOSO is driven by curiosity, problem solving, and a desire to create original, inventive works; our firm imagines and builds a better future through design and technology.
We value multidisciplinary thinkers who can connect the dots between design and technology. You should be someone who is hardworking, technically minded, and loves working with your hands.
This position is full-time with competitive benefits. Compensation is based on experience. If you're interested in working on a variety of projects at the intersection of art and technology please send a cover letter and resume, along with a portfolio to email@example.com.
Full job description can be found here.
As a Technician at SOSO you will:
- Integrate electronic components and peripherals during the prototyping phase identifying potential risks and proving that these meet functional requirements and performance specifications.
- Managing and contributing to installs, site visits, and installation planning with a hands-on mindset to get problems fixed on the ground.
- Diagnostic troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Advising design teams on best practices and buildability of designs and systems.
- Draft and release technical documentation and manuals for the projects.
The ideal candidate:
- Interest and aptitude for learning.
- Attention to detail and fit-and-finish.
- Extensive experience with MacOS and Windows, including installing and commissioning new hardware.
- Capable at installing and testing a wide range of software and peripheral hardware.
Bonus points if:
- Scripting skills and setting computers up for installation is plus
- Fabrication experience and skills with hand tools is a plus
- Some DMX or stage lighting experience is a plus
- Familiarity with how an LED display gets installed and commissioned.
What We Offer
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Studios closed Christmas through New Years
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Paid family and medical leave