Sosolimited is looking for an exceptional architectural and computational designer eager to work on award-winning projects at the intersection of digital technology and the built environment.
As an Architectural and Computational Designer, you will join a multidisciplinary team of producers, designers, engineers, software developers, and creative technologists working on exciting digital experiences and physical installations.
Your responsibilities will include form studies, 3D modeling, rendering, fabrication drawings, scripting and generative design, and assisting with the design and fabrication of both technical prototypes and physical installations. You will be involved in projects from concept development through construction documents, and into CA and production.
This position is full-time and compensation is based on experience.
As an Architectural Designer at SOSO you will:
- Work with a team of designers, architects, and developers on the production of screen-based interactives and physical installations.
- Create assets for design proposals and help render our ideas for presentation to clients.
- Produce DD, CD and fabrication drawings, assist with physical prototypes, coordinate with fabricators and suppliers, and help with assembly and installation.
- Lead the project management of digital experiences, coordinating with architects, specialty subcontractors, general contractors and vendors.
- Contribute to our studio culture with a positive attitude and desire to get involved. Expand the architectural capabilities of the team and mentor junior designers.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience with Rhino and Grasshopper
- Can produce technical measured drawings for fabrication partners
- Has experience with rendering software such as V-Ray
- Has experience with digital fabrication workflow (CAD/CAM, CNC, 3D printing)
- Has experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Has some knowledge of scripting fundamentals (e.g. RhinoScript, C#, or Python)
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with Revit
- You have some experience with front-end web development or Processing
What We Offer
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Studios closed Christmas through New Years
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Paid family and medical leave